Well-established among the front runners of the Canadian dairy industry, Agropur draws its strength from solidarity. Its 3,345 member dairy producers form the main links of an impressive network, that extends into 10 regions throughout Quebec, Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Newfoundland and Labrador. Sustained by a team of approximately 700 facilitators and nine cooperative advisors, this network allows Agropur to sound out its environment on a daily basis.
1 member = 1 vote
- Facilitators (1 per 5 members)
- Promote the mutual exchange of information between members and management
- Set up in 1949
- Coordinated by the Solidarity Committee
- 13 directors elected by the delegates at the general meeting for a 3-year mandate
- 3 guest members of the Board of Directors
- 355 delegates (1 per 10 members) elected by the members at the regional meetings
- Intercom newsletter
- Extranet for members
- Cooperative advisors
- Local meetings
- Young Cooperative Leaders
- New members
- Milking practices improvement courses
|The strength of communication|
|Young Cooperative Leaders Program - Level 1||17|
|Annual and summer meeting||2|
1Focus: associative life.
2Held regionally (April, September). Include a semi-annual summer meeting (June) for all facilitators.
3Sometimes more than one meeting in larger regions.