Well-established among the front runners of the Canadian dairy industry, Agropur draws its strength from solidarity. Its 3,363 member dairy producers form the main links of an impressive network, that extends into 16 regions throughout Quebec. Sustained by a team of approximately 700 facilitators and nine cooperative advisors, this network allows Agropur to sound out its environment on a daily basis.
1 member = 1 vote
- Facilitators (1 per 5 members)
- Named by the Solidarity Committee
- Promote the mutual exchange of information between members and management
- Set up in 1949
- Coordinated by the Solidarity Committee
- 16 directors (1 per administrative region): Elected by the delegates at the general meeting for a 3-year mandate
- 2 guest members of the Board of Directors and of the Audit Committee
- 358 delegates (1 per 10 members): Elected by the members at the annual regional meetings
- Inter.Com newsletter
- Inter.Com Express
- Extranet for members
- Cooperative advisors
- Local meetings
- Future members (young farmers)
- New members
- Milk quality
|The strength of communication|
|Member provincial internship program||15|
|Member interprovincial internship program||10|
|Meetings of the Board of Directors||12|
|Meetings of the Solidarity Committee1||5|
1Focus: associative life.
2Held regionally (April, September). Include a semi-annual summer meeting (June) for all facilitators.
3Two meetings per region in the larger regions.