Inspired by the classic Waldorf salad, this easy-to-assemble appetizer is full of surprising flavour and texture, and kissed with the subtle sweetness of maple. The slight bitterness of the endive and walnuts make the Saint Agur taste all the more savoury and creamy.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add walnuts and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add maple syrup and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until walnuts are caramelized, about 4 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely, and chop roughly.
- Trim the end of the each endive and separate the leaves.
- Spread the sturdiest leaves with the Saint Agur cheese, and garnish with an apple slice and walnuts.
- Drizzle with maple syrup.
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, plus more for garnish
- 2 endives
- 150g Saint Agur cheese
- 1/2 green apple, cut in thin slices